Employment Opportunities with WaterGuards
Please read the following position description. If you are interested in applying, complete the application at the bottom of the page.
*Seasonal/temporary part-time positions available (summer only)
*Must work weekends, some early morning hours and some holidays from Fishing Opener (mid-May) through Labor Day
*Mandatory training (approx. 2-3 hours)
*Watercraft Inspector pay rate $9.00-11.00 per hour
To qualify for a Watercraft Inspector position, applicants must pass a criminal background check, have a valid MN class D driver’s license or the equivalent, and be 16 years old or older.
Watercraft inspections are an effort to reduce the spread of aquatic invasive species (zebra mussels, milfoil, etc.). Watercraft inspectors educate the public and help to conduct inspections at public water access sites on lakes and rivers from mid-May through early September. This position provides face-to-face public education to increase awareness of the threats posed by aquatic invasive species. Watercraft inspectors inform boaters of the laws regarding aquatic invasive species transportation, and show individuals how to inspect and remove aquatic invasive species from their boating equipment before leaving an access.
Educate the public on invasive species program and issues
Distribute written information to watercraft users
Inspect watercraft for invasive species
Conduct a verbal survey & inspection inventory
Document and record watercraft inspection activities
Watercraft Inspectors will be assigned to a specific lake or group of lakes. Personal transportation to the access is required.
1. Excellent verbal communication skills
2. Good interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service
3. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks within a professional setting
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
5. Willingness to work odd hours and in adverse weather conditions, including early morning hours, weekends, and holidays
6. Demonstrated interest in environmental work through education, volunteer work, and/or hobbies
7. Ability to be assertive in order to uphold the standard of DNR training
Why are you a good candidate for a watercraft inspector position?
Please download, complete, and save the following application. Click your browser's back button to return to this page. You may also request an Employment Application be sent to you via email.
Please upload the completed Employment Application below.
Max file size: 20MB
Question or Comment:
© 2012 WaterGuards LLC